Q8: Is there a way to disable this LinkCheckReq per downlink or to reduce the frequency?
Answer: Yes, you can disable Rejoin mode to avoid the additional messages after each uplink.
Q10: How to modify the LoRaWAN version of AM307, can it support 1.0.3/1.0.4?
Answer: You can modify LoRaWAN version via ToolBox software or App, it does not support 1.0.4.
Q18: How to connect milesight sensor to Datacake or Ubidots?
Answer: We can connect sensors to Datacake or Ubidots via TTN, please refer to this article: Connect Milesight IoT sensors to Ubidots via TTI
Q19: Can Milesight sensor be added to the Milesight IoT Cloud and the cloud platform built by the customer at the same time?
Answer: Not yet, and the premise is that our gateway needs to be able to connect to the customer's platform.
Answer: Yes, you can send downlinks to set a delay to turn on the power via , for more details please refer to WS52x User Guide.
Q13: Will the signal be affected if we install the sensor inside a metal container? How can we avoid it?
Answer: Yes, closed metal container will decrease signal significantly. You can deploy gateway inside same container as well.
Q14: Does Milesight sensor have hazardous location classifications like C1D1?
Answer: No, Milesight sensors doesn’t have hazardous certificates for now.
Answer: Milesight sensor does not support upgrade over the air and can only upgrade via Toolbox, and Milesight gateway can upgrade over the air if you connect it to DeviceHub.Q18: In addition to calibration of CO2 through Toolbox app or software, is there any other method that can be used to calibrate CO2.
Answer: Yes, you can use downlink command ff1a00 for Factory Calibration Restored, and ff1a03 for Manual Calibration.Q20: Can I work your devices with other manufacturers' LoRa sensors together?
Answer: Yes, definitely. Since they are all based on the standardized LoRaWAN protocol, so you can work our LoRaWAN sensors with other brands together in a same network, it's the same to the LoRaWAN gateways.Q23: Can Milesight sensors work with Helium Hotspot?
Answer: Yes, any LoRaWAN compliant sensors can work with Helium Hotspot.
What is the data usage?
- How is the information recorded and is API access offered? Is an additional price attached for API Access?
The communication between sensors and LoRaWAN gateway is using LoRaWAN technology, will not cost extra data usage. Network data traffic is consumed only when the gateway interacts with other platforms. The data usage is depend on sensor packet size, report interval and the activity of gateway connection with other platforms.
- The sensor doesn’t have API, you can use MQTT/HTTP protocol to get sensor data from gateway, and will not cost extra fee.
Answer: In order to save power consumption, Milesight sensor only works in class A.
1. EM500-UDL sends only two parameters (battery and distance). How to get other sensor information like signal?
2. How can the end user identify whether the sensor signal is weak?
1. There are battery and distance value by default according to the default decoder. To get the full data details, you can add a custom decoder referring article How to Use Payload Codec on Milesight Gateway.
2. To identify whether the signal is weak, here are some data for your reference:
- Good Signal: RSSI >-100dBm, SNR>5dBi
- Normal Signal: RSSI >= -120dBm, -3<SNR<5dBi
- Poor Signal: RSSI<-120dBm, SNR<-3dBi
Answer: Different atmospheric pressures in different seasons effect CO2 value and different temperature and humidity causes different atmospheric pressure. The lower atmospheric pressure makes lower CO2 value. And the Summer atmospheric pressure is lower than winter's.Q5: Is there any way to connect sensors back to the gateway faster and automatically after the gateway reboots?
Answer: You can enable the Rejoin Mode, and modify all frequency channels on the sensor same as the radio of gateway.Q12: How long is the warranty for Milesight sensor?
Answer: Milesight sensor usually has 1-year warranty. For more warrenty services please contact Milesight about it.